Monday 28 June 2010

"Oh Herro!"

Here's a big welcome to my brand spanking new blog 'Definitive Hysteria'. I'm basically gonna use this blog to write about music and my general musings. What makes me so qualified to rabbit on about music on this very page? Well everyone has the right to an opinion and our opinions on music bring up furious debate.

When I was 17 I did album reviews for my 6th form newsletter and despite rating a Dido album 5/5 (I had a crush on a Dido fan at the time), people seemed to not only look forward to what I have to say but seemed to view my opinion as important! Although it's been a long time since then I've started reviewing albums again, originally with an idea of setting up a website full of them (which might still happen). I'll make sure to put some of them on here for you to look out. There's some pretty good albums out this year so far and it'll be a good opportunity to bore you all with how much I love my favourite albums!

Without being too pretentious about it music is a very important part of my life. I still remember the first time I heard 'Sweet Child O' Mine' and what I was doing. I love the feeling I get when 'Ecstasy of Gold' plays out across a field before Metallica come out. I can even tell you the first song I played on my short lived radio show in 2007. Everyone has stories like this. This blog will probably be all about this sort of thing and the music I love. If you don't like it, go pester someone else!

Mike :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment